Home Forums Romantic Stories The trinity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 1

Giving up on Michael was never an option for Sophie. Even though he didn’t have a job, Sophie never stopped supporting him. They loved each other so much but somehow, Michael was always caught cheating. He was in fact, a serial cheat. He cheated all the time and sadly, Sophie always found him out.

Still, Michael loved Sophie more than any of the girls he was seen flirting around with. Sophie, on the other hand, believed that if love made all things perfect, then there was hope for Michael and herself.

They had been dating for three years now without having sex. They both agreed to maintain a sex-free relationship until they were married. On the positive side, it kept their relationship healthy and strong. Michael’s cheating habit was what caused friction in the relationship.

Sophie felt he cheated on her because of sex but what confused her the most was the fact that Michael respected her and her decision not to have sex yet.

He never forced her, not even on a single occasion. During moments of intimacy, they both knew when to stop in order to keep their ‘chastity’ promise.

There was this time that Sophie couldn’t control herself and it was Michael playing the perfect gentleman who found a way of calming her.

All this made Sophie love him the more but the question was: If Michael could control himself with her whom he claimed he loved most, why couldn’t he stop cheating?

Michael had graduated from the university with a second-class upper degree in accounting and went ahead to an eventful national service year. After the mandatory service period, he found it difficult getting a job despite all his applications.

One day while on a bus, he found that his pocket had been picked and his wallet taken just about the time the conductor came asking for the fare.

Sophie was the one who came to his rescue, paying his fare for him. They right away exchanged numbers and their love story began from there.

Sophie had gotten a starting position as an administrator in a micro finance bank. She was hardworking and a cheerful person to be around. In addition to that, she was beautiful. Men always turned round to take a second look at her.

She was honest and very humble and had the respect of all her colleagues, most especially the superior officers.

Sophie recommended Michael to her human resource manager and tried to get the firm to employ him. However, the man insisted on having an affair with her in other to give Michael the job, so she backed down.

Since he didn’t have a job, Sophie virtually had to split her salary between both of them to make ends meet.

Michael’s conscience didn’t feel right about this. He felt he owed Sophie for all the sacrifice. The least he could do was make Sophie happy. However, the more he tried to stay faithful, the more he kept cheating.

One day, Sophie got a surprise for him. Her persistence had paid off and the office had offered Michael a position as an accountant. She was highly elated.

She could barely hold her delight but decided not to spoil it until she had gotten the appointment letter lest the company changed its mind. Now she had finally gotten the letter. In her joy, she quickly set off from work to Michael’s place to deliver the message.

Michael getting a job as an accountant meant that he was going to be her senior at work. His salary package was thrice hers. It really was a breakthrough for them. She passed through a supermarket on her way to the house so that she could get a bottle of fine wine for them to celebrate.

The front door was locked when she got there. “Maybe he is sleeping,” she said to herself. She didn’t press the bell; rather, she used her key and opened the door gingerly and as quietly as she could so she could surprise him.

The TV in the small sitting room was rather loud and blocked off any other sound. She was happy as that would mask any noise she would make. She took off her shoes, all the while smiling to herself. She imagined in her mind how he would react to the news and this made her laugh with joy to herself.

She noticed that the door to his room was ajar and she went quickly so as to catch him before he could notice she was there.

Sophie’s blood froze and the smile disappeared when she caught sight of Michael on the bed. He was at it furiously with a woman who seemed to be lost in whatever he was doing to her. Suddenly her breath stopped as the face of the woman turned and caught her eyes. She found herself staring right into the eyes of her younger sister, Nicky.

To be continued

#54516 Reply
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 2

Her blood froze and the smile disappeared when she caught sight of him on the bed. He was at it furiously with a woman who seemed lost in whatever he was doing to her. Suddenly her breath stopped, as the face of the woman turned and caught her eyes and she found herself staring right into the eyes of her younger sister, Nicky.

Nicky’s eyes locked with hers for what seemed like an eternity. She initially was too far gone in passion to recognize who she was looking at. There was something totally amiss with the scene. Like a flash, however, her eyes transited from passion to shock and then settled on pain. She pushed Michael off her, picked up her clothes and ran out of the room.

Michael was shocked at the complete change in her behaviour as he hadn’t yet seen Sophie. He suddenly sensed a presence, turned round and saw Sophie standing – a bottle in one hand and what looked like an envelope in the other.

Instantly, Michael got up and knelt in front of Sophie begging.

“Babe, I really don’t know what came over me he said. Please…”

Sophie was too hurt for words. She didn’t quite know what to say or do. She just stood there crying silent tears as Michael knelt before her.

She felt like tearing the appointment paper and breaking the bottle on his head but thought to herself “what good would that do?”

She threw the envelope at him, dropped the bottle on the bed and walked out of the room, through the sitting room and straight out of the house. Michael initially tried going after her but had to go back to put something on as he was stark naked. By the time he got back to the door, she was nowhere in sight, she had left without a word.
    Michael went back into the house. He went straight to his bed and lay down thinking about what had just gone down. His thoughts were on how he was going to repair this damage. Suddenly he remembered that Sophie had thrown an envelope at him.

He found the envelope, tore it open and read the job offer with glee. He couldn’t help giving a small shout of joy as well as a dance. He was filled with joy and guilt at the same time. He immediately picked the phone to call Sophie. Her phone rang out without any answer. He decided to give some time and maybe even go over to her home later.

Meanwhile, Sophie had gotten home, her heart heavy and her eyes all teary. The first person she saw in the house was Nicky. She was sitting on the porch. She seemed to have been waiting for Sophie to show up. She quickly stood up and went towards Sophie as she saw her coming.

“Sophie, can we talk? Please” Nicky asked.

“Sophie, I’m sorry. It is not what you think. I can’t explain what came over me. One thing led to the other and things went to the extreme,” said Nicky.

“I can’t believe you’re telling me this. It’s enough, ok” Sophie said and walked out on her.

Michael tried calling Sophie all through the weekend but she ignored him. He thought of going over to the house but he was afraid. For once, he had a feeling that he had crossed the line this time. He knew that he would get to see her on Monday, his first day at work so he waited patiently.

Nicky, couldn’t get over her guilt feelings. She just kept seeing Sophie’s eyes at that point when she caught her with Michael. She desperately tried all through the weekend to see her but Sophie did a good job of avoiding her. Sophie remained in her room and avoided all contact. All she could hear was the sound of music and faint sobs now and then.

By Monday, she had had enough and she decided to go see Michael and with him. She left home at the crack of dawn and was at Michael’s place within 45 mins.

Michael was getting ready for his first day at work and was interrupted in his preparations by the sound of the doorbell.

“Who could that be?” he wondered to himself as he wasn’t expecting anyone. He opened the door to see Nicky. She was one of the last persons he ever thought he would see that morning and he was quite surprised.

“Nicky, I wasn’t expecting you,” Michael said.

“Well, I am here. We need to end this Michael. I can’t bear to hurt my sister this way again,” said Nicky.

“Come in and sit down, let’s talk. I still have a bit more time to get to work” Michael said, inviting her into his room.

“Wow! You didn’t tell me you had gotten a job” Nicky said.

“Yes, it came suddenly and unannounced. We haven’t spoken in the last few days. I would have told you. I now have a job as an accountant ” Michael disclosed.

“I’m so happy for you Michael,” Nicky said. “……Anyway, we need to end this, and find a way to make amends. Sophie is really hurt. She has been avoiding me since Friday” she continued.

“Same here, she’s not answering my calls” Michael said.

“Michael, there is something else you should know” Nicky said.

“What is it?” asked Michael.

“I’m two months pregnant for you.” Nicky disclosed.

“What!” Michael exclaimed.

Later that morning Sophie reported to work and went straight to the Human Resource Manager’s office.

“Sir, thank you so much for giving Michael this chance, ” said Sophie.

“I must say your boyfriend is really lucky”, said the HR Manager.

“Sir, can we put behind whatever happened. I beg of you.” Sophie said.

Before he could answer, they heard a knock on the door. It was one of the secretaries.

“Sir, the new employee is here,” said the secretary.

“That must be your guy?” said the HR Manager

“I’m sure it’s him. Sir, let me take leave of you” Sophie said and left.

The HR Manager asked the secretary to usher Michael into his office immediately.

“Good morning sir” Michael greeted

“Good morning, you may sit down,” said the HR Manager.

“You are welcome to your new job. I must say, you need to thank your girlfriend for the extreme sacrifice she made to ensure you got the job,” said the Manager.

“Thank you very much, sir. I promise to be very effective and productive ” said Michael.

“Mind you, your work here is under strict conditions which weren’t stated in your appointment letter,” said the Manager.

“Sir, what conditions? Michael asked.

“Good question. Your girlfriend and I have come a very long way so if you want to keep your job, then you must keep your distance,” the manager said.

“Sir, I don’t understand,” Michael said.

“It’s as simple as that. I’m sure you’re matured enough to read between the lines. What were you thinking when I said she had made extreme sacrifices. Young man, you either keep your distance or you forget about the job,” the manager said.

…. To be Continued

#54517 Reply
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 3

It’s as simple as that. I’m sure you’re matured enough to read between the lines. What were you thinking when I said she had made extreme sacrifices. Young man, you either keep your distance or you forget about the job,” the manager said.

The encounter with the HR manager left Michael with the impression that Sophie had slept with the manager. This made him jealous and left him with a sense of betrayal even though it was said the sacrifice was for him to get a job.

Michael decided to avoid Sophie. He dumped the apology he had rehearsed before as he now didn’t feel like seeing her.

Sophie’s was quite surprised at the fact that Michael didn’t make any attempt to come see her even though they now worked in the same office. She had managed to forgive him on the matter with her sister and was willing to go ahead with the relationship. She, however, wanted him to come to her and apologize for his bad behavior.

By the third day, Sophie was uptight. She didn’t feel comfortable about it. She needed her guy back. She loved him so much even after what he had done. Later that day around lunch time, she saw him standing afar off and she decided to confront him.

” Michael, I want us to talk.” said

“About what Sophie, Tell me.” Michael asked.

“Why are you doing this? Michael, am I the one to blame, after sleeping with my own sister?” Sophie asked.

“Oh yes, I did that and I’m sorry yeah. But two wrongs do not make a right” Michael said.

“What wrongs Michael? What are you talking about? Sophie asked.

Suddenly, Amah the secretary to the HR manager showed up and barged into their conversation.

“Michael, you have kept me waiting for too long. Lunch will soon be over” Amah said interrupting the conversation.

“Sorry Amah, I was just rounding up here,” Michael said. He turned to her with a grin and said “see you later Sophie” and then promptly walked away with Amah.

From the look of things, there was something brewing between Michael and Amah even though Michael had only been at work for 3 days.

Sophie knew Michael couldn’t be trusted around Amah. She knew him and knew what he was capable of. This only worsened her plight as she had practically dwelt on his attitude over the last three days

She really loved him. Asides Michael’s cheating, he was really caring, loving and fun to be with. Although it could be more of the ‘good girl loving bad boy’ syndrome a lot of women find themselves in.

Sophie was willing to give Michael some time to come around. She innocently didn’t suspect that he could have any other reason for staying away from her.

Days went by and Michael indeed kept his distance. Sophie, on the other hand, was waiting for Michael to come around.

She had also forgiven Nicky. They spoke a bit about the matter and had gotten back to being the sisters they were. They had both enjoyed a good relationship and Sophie considered Nicky to be one of her BFFs. Little did she know that Nicky was carrying Michael’s child.

On the last day of work, Sophie decided to surprise Michael with a gift. She bought something she knew Michael loved so much, packaged it nicely and placed it on his table at a time she knew he wouldn’t be around.

Michael had been in the conference room with the CEO. He came back to meet the package on his table, He thought the gift was from Amah. He didn’t stop to think that it could be from Sophie.

Immediately, he called Amah and promised to take her out on a dinner date right after work.

Sophie was just coming into his office to let him know she was the one who dropped the gift when she overheard him fixing a date with Amah. She stopped in her tracks, pained. Michael hadn’t seen her and went into some flirty talk with Amah oblivious of the fact that Sophie was overhearing.

It was quite obvious to Sophie that Michael and Amah had something going on. She ran out of where she was and returned to her desk.

Sophie couldn’t control herself. She kept thinking and weeping for something that was not worth it. Was it wrong to sacrifice so much for the one she loved? Probably, love was not her portion.

These among several other thoughts kept running through her mind all day to the point that her productivity started to suffer.

She decided she needed a break. She was glad that this was the last working day of the week and she wouldn’t get to see Michael for a while.

As the day wore on, she became a nervous wreck; many people passed by and noticed her countenance. At a point, she just couldn’t continue. She wanted to leave the office so she wouldn’t have to go through the pain of running into Michael and Amah going on their date.

She rushed out of the office and ran out. She was absentminded, partly weeping and totally oblivious of her environment.

Without thinking, she drifted into the center of the road right at the junction. A car coming from the other direction suddenly drove up and hit her.

Tbc

#54518 Reply
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 4

Luckily, the driver had seen her on time and applied his brakes. By the time the car hit her, it was a very soft touch. She fell down more from shock than from the impact of the accident. She had no bruises on her neither did she feel any pains. The driver knowing very well he was at fault came down and helped her.

He was a gentleman and very courteous. He helped Sophie and insisted on taking her to the hospital for check up. Sophie initially refused because she felt she was fine. After they exchanged names, Jason, the driver was able to convince her and eventually took her to the hospital.

Jason was apparently well connected; Sophie breezed through the hospital formalities with ease even though the place was busy at that time. A number of the doctors and hospital staff knew him.

Jason pushed for Sophie to undergo an x-ray and proper check up. After all the checks, nothing serious was detected.

Jason insisted on taking Sophie wherever she was headed. On their way, Sophie drifted away, thinking of Michael and totally oblivious of the man driving by her side. Jason soon noticed this and tried to get her attention.

“Are you ok? Jason asked but Sophie didn’t hear him.

“Hello Madam” Jason called, tapping her shoulder.

Sophie came to herself, realizing that Jason had been trying to get her attention.

“Sorry, come again” Sophie said.

” You seem distracted, just wanted to know if you’re ok,” Jason asked.

“Yeah I am, I just have a couple of things on my mind, but I am ok” Sophie said.

“Ok then. I am really sorry for what happened earlier today, it’s entirely my fault. I had this family issue that I just couldn’t get off my mind. ” Jason said.

“Funny world, isn’t it? We all have seem to have personal problems eating us up,” Sophie said.

Jason offered to take her on a ride around town so that they could take the time to know each other. Sophie agreed to the ride and suggested they found somewhere they could sit and talk.

“Sounds perfect to me. At least, we can have a reason to smile at our worries.” Jason said.

They immediately struck a cord and talking was easy from them then on. They talked about life in general, made fun of things and laughed all through their conversation.

They totally forgot about all that was happening in their lives and just enjoyed the moment.

Meanwhile, Nicky was pissed off by the fact that Michael seemed to have completely ignored her. He refused to pick her calls or even return them.

Rumor had already gone out that Michael was in a relationship with one of his colleagues at work. Nicky had heard of it and honestly was not impressed.

Even though she had promised herself not to get intimately involved with Michael anymore she was not pleased with what she was hearing.

Out of anger, she stormed Michael’s office just about closing time to confront him. She apparently missed her sister by just a few minutes. She caught him alone and it became a heated argument as Michael denied responsibility for her pregnancy.

Unlike her quiet sister Sophie, Nicky could be quite vocal. She wasn’t one to take things lying low. The more they argued, the more the rage in her heart grew.

“Look Michael, you can mess around with Sophie but you can’t deny responsibility for your child. ” Nicky said.

Michael tried to drive her away from his office and it turned into a bit of a physical fight. As they struggled, Nicky suddenly felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She looked down and saw some blood running down her dress. Almost immediately, she felt a choking sensation and found herself gasping for air.

Michael soon noticed that she was no longer struggling with him and that she was fainting. He immediately borrowed the company car and rushed her to the hospital.

At the hospital, Nicky insisted that Michael should call her sister, Sophie. She wanted her by her side.

Michael called Sophie but she refused to answer his call. Sophie thought Michael had now come to his senses and was probably calling to apologize. After calling several times, he finally sent her a text that got her attention.

“Oh no! Jason, my sister was just rushed to the hospital.” Sophie told Jason. She called Michael to ask him what had happened

“I am really not sure,” said Michael. “When you get here, I am sure I can explain better”

He gave her the name of the hospital and promised to wait at the reception.

Sophie and Jason quickly rushed to the hospital together.

Michael was waiting at the reception. He was running up to her when he paused in shock as he saw a man beside her. He was not surprised that Sophie was with a different guy but this guy in question was his estranged elder brother.

Tbc

#54519 Reply
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 5&6

Michael was waiting at the reception. He was running up to her when he paused in shock as he saw a man beside her. He was not surprised that Sophie was with a different guy but this guy in question was his estranged elder brother.

Jason was unhappy also to see Michael. On Michael’s part, the feeling was mutual.

“What are you doing with my woman, shouldn’t you be with your wife? Michael asked Jason.

Sophie was surprised that that they knew each other. She was even more surprised at Michael’s reaction seeing that he had ignored her for almost two weeks.

“Do you guys know each other? “ she asked Michael

“Oh yes, very well my love, very, very well.” Michael said.
    He actually called Sophie his love just to intimidate his brother.

Sophie however was more concerned about her sister and didn’t have time to dwell on the coincidence or the fact that Michael had mentioned something about Jason having a wife.

“Where is Nicky? What really happened to her?” Sophie asked Michael.

“Well, she came looking for you at the office. All of a sudden she started complaining of abdominal pains so I rushed her here.” Michael lied.

“She is being attended to right now, but she is in emergency.” he continued.

Sophie became more agitated upon hearing of her sister’s condition. It was quite unlike Nicky to come over to the office without first calling her up. That was quite uncharacteristic.

Sophie knew her sister very well. She also knew Michael and it was obvious to her that Michael was lying. She knew he was hiding something from her and she became determined that whatever that thing was, she would get to the root of it eventually.

Jason found Michael’s presence annoying. He didn’t feel comfortable around him. They had a history of bad blood between them.

Michael and Jason were brothers. Michael was the older sibling. Their parents had thrust them into intensive sibling rivalry. Right from their childhood, they had always competed intensely against each other. Everything to them was a competition. One always wanted to be ahead of the other; either in school, at home or even in fun games.

Things got particularly intense back in high school after Jason met his first love.

Everything was perfect between Jason and his girlfriend until Michael showed up. He soon succeeded in getting Jason’s girlfriend’s attention by making Jason look like an uncaring boyfriend.

Not long after, Michael started dating this same girl and they disliked each other right from that time.

Life went well for Jason. He successfully completed his education, got a good job and eventually rose up the ranks to a top managerial position.

He never lacked anything and in no time, he found love and eventually got married.

Jason was however facing challenges at the homefront that was taking a toll on him. This was the position he was in when he had the fateful encounter with Sophie.

Having found that Sophie and Michael seemed to be in some sort of relationship, Jason called Sophie aside, gave her his contact details and left the hospital in a haste. He uncharacteristically didn’t even wait to find out the state of her sister.

Sophie had gotten to like Jason in the short period they had met. She felt comfortable around him and didn’t want him to leave. Not long after he left, she felt something was missing. For the first time, she didn’t like the idea of being left alone with Michael.

Michael had noticed some form of closeness between his brother and Sophie. He didn’t like this at all and was determined to tear apart whatever was forming between them.

As soon as he saw that Jason had left, he decided to take advantage of the moment. He felt he needed to do something, especially now he saw that there seemed to be something brewing between his brother and Sophie.

“Michael, who is Jason? How do you know him?” Sophie asked.

“Is that really important? He is just an irresponsible man who doesn’t take care of his wife.” Michael asked.

“Oh, he is married?” Sophie asked.

“…So he conveniently didn’t mention it to you? I see he wants to have his usual way with you as with his string of mistresses.” Michael said.

“Michael, he is married!” Sophie repeated.

” Yes, and not just married, he has a young son” Michael said.

THE TRINITY

EPISODE 6

“Oh, he is married?” Sophie asked.

“…So he conveniently didn’t mention it to you? I see he wants to have his usual way with you as with his string of mistresses.” Michael said.

“Michael, he is married!” Sophie repeated.

” Yes, and not just married, he has a young son” Michael said.

The Spell Weaver – Episode 6

Sophie was disappointed. She had thought something could have come out of her meeting with Jason. She decided not to call him back again. As it was, she had enough on her hands with Michael’s philandering.

Michael noticed the look on Sophie’s face and began taking advantage of it. He knew Sophie well, he knew her weak spots. He had always been an expert at manipulating her. He knew how to use her weaknesses to his advantage.

He came closer to her and said “Sophie, I have been waiting for a time like this to tell you how sorry I am regarding the matter with Nicky. I don’t know what came over me. It must have been the boredom, not having a job all this while, all the rejections I had faced. I promise you, I am a changed man now. Please forgive me and take me back. Let us be as we used to be.”

“Michael, for how long will you keep doing this? You completely ignored me and now you expect me to believe you? What about Amah. I know how easily you move from one lady to the other. What about her? I know you are dating her.” Sophie responded.

“Sophie, I may be guilty of many things but I am not dating Amah. I know what you have done for me what you have been through on my behalf. Let me make amends”. Michael dropped on his knees and went “Let’s work things out and get married ”

Marriage? Could he be serious? Never in the entirety of their relationship had he ever spoken of marriage to Sophie. Was he being real this time around? This move of his gave Sophie a different impression. She found herself believing him and was ready to give him a second chance.

It took Jason about 45 minutes to get home. He parked the car in the garage, handed his key and office things to the housekeeper and walked into the sitting room.

Immediately he came in, his wife jumped up from the chair, charged at him and began shouting.

“Where are you coming from at this time of the day? I called your office and was told you were not there. Where have you been?” Helena his wife shouted.

Jason didn’t answer her. He turned away and started climbing up the stairs to his bedroom. She pushed him aside rushed ahead and blocked the entrance to the room.

“Tell me where you have been before I allow you to enter into this room” She yelled at him.

“Look woman, don’t forget that this is my house” Jason said.

“It can belong to your dead father for all I care! You useless impossible man! If you think you’re gonna cheat on me and walk around freely, then you must be joking!” She said.

She was completely over-reacting. There had to be more to this matter than met the eye. It was however obvious that theirs was indeed a troubled marriage. Jason truly was an unhappy man.

At the moment, Jason looked very frustrated. He didn’t quite know what to do. He wasn’t a violent man and had never hit his wife before.

The combination of the day’s events with it’s climax being his wife’s theatrics were proving too much for him to handle. He glared at his wife as if to push her aside. However, he turned away and walked down the steps, out of the house.

That however didn’t stop Helena from shouting at him.

“Walk away as you always do. You coward. You are always afraid to face your problems. Walk away. I will be here waiting for you” she said and went back into the house as Jason drove away.

Back at the hospital, Michael was still on his knees, sweet-talking Sophie. Suddenly, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring.

“I have been waiting for this moment for days now and this ring has been on me everywhere I went. Sophie will you marry me?” Michael asked.

Sophie didn’t know what to say. She was caught by surprise. She was very delighted but had some apprehension. More like a sixth sense warning her that something wasn’t right.

She decided to push it aside and take the plunge. This was what she had waited for all these years.

As she was about to stretch forth her hand and open her mouth to agree, the door suddenly burst open and a doctor and nurse came in.

The interruption startled Sophie and Michael. Michael jumped to his feet and went towards the doctor.

“Hi Doctor any news?” Michael asked.

The doctor took one look at him and one look at Sophie, he took a deep breathe and said.

“I am sorry, we tried all we could. The patient didn’t make it.”

Tbc

#54520 Reply
    Helen

THE TRINITY
    EPISODE 7

The Doctor told them how several complications had arisen during the operation. He said that despite all they did to save her, it was a little too late. The harm had already been done before she came to the hospital.

Sophie was distraught she almost fainted. She couldn’t believe that her sister whom she had seen so vibrant and full of life earlier in the day could be dead. He took Michael aside and spoke some more words to him.

Life they say is unpredictable, who is actually to be blamed for Nicky’s death? Her relationship with Michael actually began when she was most vulnerable and heartbroken.

She was lonely and hurt at the time. Her boyfriend whom she had loved very much, her first love to be precise had broken up with her on her birthday. The worst part of it was, it was that very same day she broke her virginity with the guy. It was only after the act that Nicky’s guy knew he wasn’t much in love with her.

That was just pathetic. Nicky was so much into the guy. He had made her believe that he loved her very much and would do anything to make her happy… Only to break up with her, right on her birthday and after having sex with her.

A few days after this incident, on one of his visits to Sophie’s home, Michael ran into her looking very dejected in one corner of the sitting room. Sophie hadn’t come home from work and he and Nicky were all alone.

She wept her heart out and cried bitterly. Michael sat with her as she spoke out her pain. He listened to her and tried consoling her. Eventually, he was able to calm her down and promised her that he would always be there if she needed someone to speak to.

Emotional healing really takes time and in that state, you need friends and loved ones to be there for you. It’s nearly impossible to heal on your own.

Nicky for some reasons had kept Sophie out of her relationship with the guy and didn’t want her involved especially at this point.

She had made a pact with Sophie not to have sex before marriage and she didn’t want Sophie to be disappointed in her. She knew Sophie would never have approved of their relationship.

During this period, she and Michael developed a special bond. She began visiting him at home and calling him up whenever she wanted someone she could talk to.

On one occasion, while Michael was reasoning with her over the relationship, one thing led to another and they ended up first kissing passionately and then had sex.

To Nicky, it felt good at the time. She could not hold back, she just gave in and enjoyed the moment despite the fact that Michael was in a relationship with her sister Sophie.

Back at the hospital, Sophie cried bitterly for her lost sister. She couldn’t understand why Nicky would suddenly start bleeding just like that, resulting to her death. Could it be possible that perhaps, Nicky was pregnant?

She turned and faced Michael with tears streaming down her face.

“Michael, was Nicky pregnant” Sophie asked.

“Come on Sophie! And you suppose that if she was then I am the one responsible for the pregnancy, right? Michael asked.

“Just answer my question Michael, was she pregnant? Sophie asked him again.

“No, she wasn’t.” Michael lied.

Sophie felt that there was something fishy going on. She couldn’t explain all the unknowns. Why Nicky would come over to the office without telling her. Why it had to be Michael that brought her to the hospital. She however chose to believe him.

Michael consoled her and took her from the hospital to her home. It was a long weekend as there was two days of public holiday. Michael stayed with her all through, cooking and caring for her.

Sophie called the office and asked for some more time off as she needed to mourn her sister.

Michael was the perfect gentleman during that period. He made sure he served her breakfast before going to work and always ensured he closed early.

Sophie appreciated his kind gesture. Michael truly seemed to be a changed man. She found herself relying more and more on him and depending on him for emotional support.

One evening, Michael returned home to meet Sophie in the living room going through Nicky’s pictures and crying . Michael upon seeing her went closer to her and sat beside her.

“You miss her right? He asked.

Tears couldn’t stop running down from Sophie’s eyes.

“Michael, she was the only family member I had. How could she leave like that?” Sophie said, crying bitterly.

Michael placed his arm around her neck, allowing her lean on him.

“Sophie, I can feel your pain, I know what you are going through but I am here for you. You can rely on me, my love” Michael said.

His words were comforting, the mood was right. For several weeks they had not felt this way or come even this close. Not since Sophie had walked in on him and her sister having sex together. There was an instant click. They began kissing. Their breath got heavier as it got intense. From just a lip-to-lip kiss, it ended up in intense deep French kissing.

Suddenly, the front door opened impatiently. Michael apparently hadn’t locked it. It seemed the person behind the door was anxious to come in. They either didn’t knock or maybe the impassioned pair hadn’t heard the knock.

Startled, Michael and Sophie turned to see Joe the human resources manager and Amah from the office looking at them. It was obvious that they had both caught them kissing.

Tbc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 15 total)
Reply To: The trinity
Your information: